I know I've been MIA, but Alhamdulillah I'm back and insha' Allah I plan on posting at least once a week. So lets get this popping, shall we? :)
Today's post is going to be on fitness. This is something I'm currently trying to make progress in and I wanted to share some advice which I found helpful.
1) Pick a time to workout that won't be affected normally, hence a time where you are usually not busy. --I found that after Fajr I'm not busy (unless Im sleeping which I need to try to lessen). So by doing my jog after Fajr (soon after fajr or an hour afterwards) I can insha'Allah keep a routine in my jogging. Set a time like such so you will not have an excuse to miss it; hence excuses of being "tied up".
2) Try to find a work out buddy. Workout buddies usually make things more enjoyable and usually you tend to work harder when working with someone, either by them encouraging you to work harder or you competing, either way you'll get a good workout insha' Allah.
3) DRINK MORE WATER! Water is essential to loosing weight. Water helps regulate bowel movement and purifies the body of wastes which in turn gives you a little boost of energy. Water is also essential for good moisturized skin.
4) Take small steps and build yourself up. Do not over load on the first week or you'll burn yourself out and not keep a regular workout routine. If you never exercised or haven't exercised in a long time then you should talk to your physician about whats the best for you in your exercise plan, but generally you should start off with working out twice a week and build yourself up along the way. For people who have exercised some, then you should do three times a week and build up to doing 5 days a week.
5) 30 mins a day of moderate exercise will insha' Allah help maintain your weight and physical health; improve blood flow, lungs, and heart.
Insha' Allah I'll do a follow up on Fitness. Happy healthy living!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Posted by Almallena at 7:28 PM